Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Captured Smile

Aidyn does not seem to be behind in his developments despite being born early and spending 5 weeks in the NICU. He smiles, makes deliberate conversation, reaches out for things, can keep his head up, likes tummy time (his favorite way to sleep), makes eye contact with pretty much anyone who talks to him, and more I can't think of. It could be because he gets most of my attention since I'm not resposible for anyone but him and myself right now. By the time we head back home, it looks like he'll be where he needs to be, but we'll still utilize Early Intervention to be safe. Here are some pictures taken yesterday.

Photobucket
As you can see, he loves books. He is usually vocal as I read to him.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
He worked on his aim a couple days ago.
Aidyn will have his next appointment tomorrow with Danielle and Alexis. We're hoping his bilirubin levels make another nice jump. Pray that Aidyn won't have to be stuck more than once for his blood draw. He has inherited thin veins from me, ugh. Oh, I am so happy to say that Joey will be coming for a visit the end of the month! It will be two months since we have seen each other in person (we have Skyped, which helps a lot). Aidyn recognizes Joey's voice over the phone and the internet, so I know he will be happy to see his Daddy. Stay tuned for tomorrow's update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a message. Your thoughts and support are welcome.